Transport in Thanjavur
Roads in ThanjavurThere are four national highways that make way through the city. These are as follows:
- NH-67: Nagapattinam - Tiruvarur - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli - Karur - Coimbatore - Ooty
- NH-45C: Thanjavur - Kumbakonam - Neyveli - Panruti - Vikkravandi NH-45
- NH-226: Thanjavur - Pudukottai - Tirupattur - Sivagangai - Manamadurai
- NH-226 Extn: Thanjavur - Ariyalur - Perambalur NH-45
There is intensive road network that is spread across the city and connects all places with in the city and as well as connects the city with every major city in its vicinity. Smooth roads make commutation to any place easy and free of hassle. The road network connects all important cities like Cheanni, Coimbatore, Tiruchirapalli, Madurai, Mysore, Ooty, Ernakulum and Tirunelveli.
Buses are quite frequent to these cities. Presently there are four bus terminuses in the city that provide to and fro service of buses to these cities these bus terminus are:
- New Bus Stand (near Raja Serfoji College).
- Old Bus Stand (near Anna Statue).
- Town Bus Stand (opp. Jos alukkas jewellery shop).
- SETC Bus Stand (behind city bus stand).
- Vallam Bus Stand
Railways in ThanjavurThanjavur railway junction is a very important point in southern railways. 20 Railway stations connect the city with all major points within Tamil Nadu and outside. Thanjavur is easily reachable by trains from other parts of the country. The daily trains from Thanjavur travel to Chennai, Bangalore, Mysore, Thrissur, Erode, Coimbatore and Salem.
There are some weekly trains also available to the city which connect Thanjavur to the following places:
The main railway stations in the city are:
- Thanjavur junction
- Mariamann Koil Station
- Pasupati Koil
Airways in Thanjavur
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0